Saturday, 01 September 2012 00:00
With an opponent like Mitt Romney its a valid question why we are heading to the Democratic National Convention.
The platform coming out of the Republican National Convention and the politics of Mitt Romney and Paul Ryan send a clear message of where the party stands. It represents a roll back not only to immigrant communities, it also rolls back civil and labor rights, the rights of women, bans marriage equality. All this plus it promises more of the same economic policy continues to advantage the 1% at the cost of the 99%.
Published in Marisa Franco
Comment via Facebook
About the Author
Marisa currently works as Campaign Coordinator for the National Day Laborer Organizing Network. She joined NDLON’s staff during the upsurge of movement in reaction to human rights crisis in her native state of Arizona. She continues to support the emerging human rights movement in Arizona, along with local campaigns to end criminalization across the country. Marisa comes out of multi-racial organizing across community and labor issues. Previously she has worked for POWER, Domestic Workers United, Right to the City Alliance and helped form the National Domestic Workers Alliance. She is a from Guadalupe, Arizona and studied at Arizona State University. Read more of Marisa's writing on at http://lafranx.wordpress.com/ and follow her on twitter at @marisa_franco.
Recent Marisa Franco Posts
- 4 Years Later – Why the DNC Written on Saturday, 01 September 2012 00:00
- Priscila get some Love from Labor Written on Friday, 31 August 2012 00:00
- Las Mariposas ~ The Butterflies | Marisa Written on Thursday, 30 August 2012 17:53
- No Papers No Fear Dispatch: Farewells and Full Moons | Marisa Written on Friday, 03 August 2012 00:00
- Flip Flops and Mixed Decisions Written on Monday, 09 July 2012 00:00