¡Todo el Pueblo al Sueno!
Tuesday, 17 January 2012 22:34 Published in Occupy StrategyLab
On Jan 15, SOUL (The School of Unity and Liberation in Oakland) organized a panel and discussion on Occupy with veteran organizers from community and labor organizations who have been deeply engaged in the Occupy Movement. Maria Poblet (of Causa Justa/Just Cause), Shaw San Liu (of Chinese Progressive Association), and Brooke Anderson (of East Bay Alliance for a Sustainable Economy) share lessons from on-the-ground mobilizations in Oakland & San Francisco, and exchange ideas about challenges and opportunities in this new moment in the fight against the 1%.
Comment via Facebook
About the Author
Raised in Buenos Aires, politicized in East Los Angeles, Maria Poblet is a nerdy Latina rooted in the San Francisco Bay Area. Building off a decade of radical community organizing and movement building work, she lead the merger of the Latino organization she built with a Black organization, forming a single, multi-racial powerhouse called Causa Justa :: Just Cause (www.cjjc.org). Before organizing, she was Artistic Director of Poetry for the People, and had the honor of being mentored by June Jordan. Follow her on twitter @mariadelpueblo
Maria Poblet Tags
amilcar cabral BART Strike Catalyst Project causa justa classconsciousness class suicide community organizing displacement feminism gentrification google bus googlebus grassroots global justice housing crisis Internationalist Feminism labor organizing mariadelpueblo maria poblet mission district oakland privilege public sector workers revolutionary democracy san francisco social movements tech techies tenant organizing World March of Women world social forum tunisia
Recent Maria Poblet Posts
- The Struggle for the Flatlands: How Oakland Can Fight Gentrification Written on Tuesday, 22 April 2014 06:39
- Revolutionary Democracy, Class-Consciousness, and Cross-Class Movement Building: Lessons from Amílcar Cabral Written on Wednesday, 19 February 2014 19:51
- Gentrification and The Battle for the Heart of San Francisco Written on Tuesday, 04 February 2014 07:14
- The BART Strike, and Beyond Written on Tuesday, 22 October 2013 05:23
- Until Every One of Us is Free: Reclaiming Feminism at the Grassroots Written on Thursday, 03 October 2013 00:49