Movin the Masses: Ramblings on political action in the Black Community
Monday, 26 November 2012 16:07
As Lupe Fiasco said in Words I Never Said “Gaza Strip Was Gettin Bombed, Obama Didn’t Say Shit…” Well, actually he has. The White House has fully endorsed Israel’s bombing campaign against the Gaza strip. Press Secretary Jay Carney, speaking for the Obama Administration, stated “there is no justification for rockets from Gaza.” I guess stealing land, destroying homes, drone bombing campaigns and creating an updated American style reservation that amounts to the largest prison in the world would not be justifiable for those not living in it.
Comment via Facebook
About the Author
Kamau has worked as a community activist and attorney for over fifteen years in New York City and now in the south. He has been a leading member of several grassroots organizations dedicated to human rights advocacy and building grassroots institutions in the black community. Currently he is building a new organization named Amandla Training and Organizing Project. You can follow Kamau on twitter at @kamaufranklin.
Recent Kamau Franklin Posts
- The Zimmerman Trial: When the Prosecution is the Defense Written on Wednesday, 10 July 2013 15:21
- Mississippi Finally Ratifies the 13th Amendment. Here Are Some Other Things that Mississippi Decided to Ratify First. Written on Thursday, 28 February 2013 21:17
- Gaza Strip Was Gettin Bombed, Obama Didn’t Say Shit | Kamau Franklin Written on Monday, 26 November 2012 16:07
- When The Movement Was Strong And Culture Was A Weapon: From 1970's Aretha to 2012 Beyonce | Kamau Written on Thursday, 23 August 2012 15:05
- The Attack on New York Congressional Candidate Charles Barron by Liberals and the Corporate Right Wing Shows Why We Need Independent Black Leadership Written on Wednesday, 20 June 2012 15:18